1. Website Accessibility Policy
Refer to the web page below for the accessibility policy of this website:
About web accessibility
2. Multilingual Support
This website is the official website of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, a municipality of Japan. In order to make the website’s information accessible to users who are not native Japanese speakers, we have created a function on this website to enable such users to switch languages as needed. In our endeavor to enable more people to use our website, we will continue to develop its multilingualization.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government owns all intellectual property rights such as copyrights, trademark rights, and design rights related to all photos, logos, images, videos, text, music, and other content contained on this website. Additionally, the entire official website of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government is subject to copyright as an editorial work, and both are protected by the Copyright Law.
However, if there are owners of intellectual property rights other than the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, for any information posted on this website, the rights of such information belong to its respective owners.
Unless permitted by this website’s administrator, use of its content, including duplication, diversion, reprinting, electromagnetic processing, transmission, distribution, transfer, lending, secondary use, and all other similar acts, is strictly prohibited. Except for cases such as “reproduction for private use” or “quotation” that are permitted under the Copyright Law, unauthorized reproduction or diversion of this website’s content is prohibited.
In principle, links to this website are allowed, regardless of whether they are for commercial or non-commercial purposes. However, removal of links to websites that fall or may fall under any of the following categories may be requested:
- 1) Any website that contains content intended to defame, slander or discredit the Tokyo Municipal Government, other companies (or persons), or other organizations
- 2) Any content that infringes or is likely to infringe upon intellectual property rights including copyrights, trademarks, property, privacy, portrait rights, or other rights of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, other companies (or persons), or other organizations
- 3) Any website that may mislead its users by displaying this website’s content in ways such as within frames, making it unclear that the content belongs to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- 4) In addition to the abovementioned, if there is a risk of violating laws, ordinances, regulations, or public order and morals, or causing interference to the operation of this website
- 5) If links are created using logos, marks, etc. owned by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, without its permission
- 6) Linking to this website in a manner that misleads or misidentifies the source of information
This website does not recommend, endorse, or take any responsibility for the content of web pages of other organizations or individuals linked to this website.
The URL of this website is subject to change without prior notice. The Tokyo Metropolitan Government will not be liable for any compensation or complaints related to links.
6. Recommended Browsing Environment
The following web browsers are recommended for a more secure and smooth user experience on this website:
- Microsoft Edge: Latest version
- Google Chrome: Latest version
- macOS Safari: Latest version
- iOS and Android Smartphones: Default browsers
7. Technologies Applied on this Website
3) SSL (TLS)
To improve the website’s security level, TLS encrypted communication is used for some services of this website. To benefit from these services, the user’s web browser must be compatible with TLS1.2. Personal information entered by the user, such as names, addresses or phone numbers, is automatically encrypted before being sent or received on web browsers that support security functions.
In rare instances that a third party intercepts transmitted data, the user does not need to worry that the transmitted content is stolen.
Some firewall settings, etc. may prevent use of relevant pages.
4) Social Media
8. Information Security Policy
In an endeavor to ensure business continuity and to fulfill our social mission as a government agency based on the trust of our website users, this website will protect its information assets from threats.
- Appropriate security measures are taken to prevent unauthorized access to and destruction, falsification, loss, leakage, etc. of this website’s information assets, in order to maintain their safety and accuracy
- Information assets of this website are handled in strict accordance with the Tokyo Metropolitan Government’s basic policy on information security, laws and other standards
- The Tokyo Metropolitan Government will ensure that the information is handled under appropriate management when and if processing of such information assets is outsourced
- Mechanisms will be in place to maintain and enhance information security
These terms of service do not provide any guarantee whatsoever for the completeness or accuracy of the information provided on this website.
Information on this website is subject to change without prior notice. The administrators and owners of this website do not assume any responsibility for direct or indirect losses caused by the use of the information or content on this website.
The following acts are prohibited in regard to the use of this website:
- Acts that hinder or interfere with the operation of this website
- Acts that are or may be offensive to public order and morals
- Acts that violate laws, regulations or ordinances
- Acts that cause or may damage to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government or third parties
- Acts that infringe or may infringe upon the rights or interests of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government or third parties
- Acts that place an excessive burden on the network or system of this website
- Unauthorized access or attempts to illegally access the network or system of this website
- Promotion, advertisement, solicitation, or sales activities by way of using this website
- Collection of information about other users of this website
- Acts of using or providing harmful programs such as computer viruses
- Any other acts that violate or may violate laws, regulations or ordinances
- Any other acts which the Tokyo Metropolitan Government deems inappropriate
3) Change of Terms
The content of these terms is subject to change or deletion without prior notice.
4) Governing Law and Court of Jurisdiction
Use of this website and these terms of service will be governed by the laws of Japan, unless otherwise stated.
In addition, the Tokyo District Court or the Tokyo Summary Court will be the exclusive jurisdiction court of first instance for all disputes that may arise with respect to the use of this website.
5) Other Precautions
- Any communication fees for accessing and browsing this website shall be borne by the user
- This website is neither provided nor sponsored by Google LLC
- The Tokyo Metropolitan Government shall not be held responsible or liable for either unavailability of this website, or information leaks or other damages incurred by users of this website and third parties, as a result of maintenance or malfunctions of services provided by external service providers, users’ devices or network operators
- In the event that a dispute arises between the user and a third party in relation to the use of this website, the user shall resolve such dispute at his or her own responsibility and expense, and shall not hold the Tokyo Metropolitan Government responsible or cause damage to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
10. Policy on Cookies
This website collects certain information by using cookies and similar technologies for the purpose of enhancing the user experience and improving the website.
This policy on cookies is to address the use of such technologies and information collected by such use.
2) About Cookies & Similar technologies
A cookie is a piece of data sent from a website and stored as a tag on a user’s device to remember and identify the device when the user connects to a website from the said device.
Users may disable cookies and similar technologies in their browser settings by following the steps outlined below.
3) Tools Used, Information Collected and Purpose of Use
Tools that are used on this website, information collected by use of such tools, and the purpose of its use are as follows:
Information to be Collected: Usage of this website by its users, such as access status, traffic, routing, etc.
Purpose: To enhance usability of this website
To deliver notifications or advertisement to past users of this website when they browse certain pages
Google LLC also collects and utilizes usage data of this website.
Please refer to the following websites for more information:
Google Analytics Terms of Service (Below URL opens an external website)
How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services (Below URL opens an external link)
Information on Google Analytics can also be obtained on:
Details on Google Analytics (Below URL opens an external website)
4) Obtained Cookies
This website obtains cookies for the following tool:
Google Analytics: Tool for website usage analysis
5) How to Delete or Disable Cookies and Similar Technologies
1. How to Delete All Cookies
Cookies stored on the user’s device will remain on it until the user intentionally deletes the cookies or they expire.
Although the majority of commonly available web browsers are set up to accept cookies by default, users can delete them in browser settings.
Please refer to the websites below on how to delete cookies for each browser type:
Google Chrome (Below URL opens an external website)
Microsoft Edge (Below URL opens an external website)
Apple Safari (Below URL opens an external website)
2.Advertisement delivery cookies can be disabled by clicking below URL and opting out. However, the same opt-out procedure must be repeated if another web browser is used or cookies are deleted.Yahoo Japan Corporation: https://btoptout.yahoo.co.jp/optout/index.html (URL opens an external website)Google LLC: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/1660762 (URL opens an external website)Meta Platforms, Inc. (formerly known as Facebook, Inc.): https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms (URL opens an external website)Smart News, Inc.: http://www.smartnews-ads.com/optout (URL opens an external website)
3.Tracking by Google Analytics can be prevented by using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on